In the years 1714 to 1734 the church was built. Prince-Bishop Jakob II Ernest Count of Lichtenstein consecrated this Arnfels Church of the Nativity of Mary on August 24, 1734.
The master builder of this late Baroque church, 41 m long and 16 m wide and with a vault height of almost 14 m rather plain, is unknown. He realized a more conservative building idea, which was similar to the early baroque.
The single-nave parish church consists of a four-bay nave with side chapels and a one-and-a-half-bay priest's choir.
The parish church "Maria Geburt am grünen Waasen" in the market town of Arnfels is a magnificent monument of the late Baroque, both in terms of architecture and interior decoration, which refers back to the time of the Reformation at the end of the 16th century and the subsequent Counter-Reformation.